Saturday, April 12, 2008

Take these broken eyes and learn to see

Man I have lost my mojo...I mean really lost it. Everything I have put out lately is CRAP! I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't know what it is I need to do to get me out of this hole I seem to have dug for myself. I want to create I sit at my desk and Im fine but the pages look like doo doo! AGH! I know we all go thru it at one time or another but man i cant get out of it! I got the new RVK in the mail and its sooo awesome but Im not liking the pages I did. I got my scrapperie kit in the mail and I am in love with the kit but not the pages I am making! AGH! HELP SOMEONE PLEASE! I even tried scraplifting some of my fav layouts by other ppl and blah!


This is the best one I have done so far out of this batch and that was for OLW and it didnt even take that long...Used the RVK.


This one just seems so plain and just not lovin it at all.


Again just not enough on here i mean something is missing. (inspired by Michelle C.)


I just dont like this one for some reason cant really pin point it.


This is where it all began...I started feeling like i just couldnt scrap...It came out blah.


On a good note I got some Major love from you all about my RAK and I am gonna post a pic of the book and stuff in a few days. You girls are all awesome and made me feel so loved. I didnt know there were so many scrappers out there who loved the same music and I did! I love music all kinds so I guess its not hard to have some music in common with me lol!

Well I guess thats it for now. Gotta get ready for my daughter Aria's first friend birthday party at chuckie cheese. Yay for me...Not really lol!



15 comments:

BlessedDaily! said...

i know what it feels like to have lost your mojo, but i still have to say that I LOVE YOUR CRAP!!!
it's still inspiring!
i hope the little funk your in leaves soon! have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

ha. I'll take one of your *bad* days anyday girl! Even when you're not feeling it you got it...

Lisa said...

what?!?! do i need to come over there and smack you?! your work is ALWAYS consistantly FABULOUS!!! are you kidding me?! i would love to be able to claim your style as my own. sheesh. you kill me! lol!

i think they all look fab girl. i know what you mean though..it's frustrating when you think they don't look as good as you've been doing. i try to just move on to the next one. looking back may make you cringe, but at least you can see how your style changes through the years.

hope you're having a good weekend chickie!! :)

dani said...

Dude, if this is you scrapping poorly then you scrapping awesome must be CRAZY GOOD. These pages are absolutly lovely!

I know what it's like to feel this way though...
have you tried working on a different type of craft for a little bit, like an art journal or sketchbook maybe??

You'll get through it, and I always hear that the breakthrough of this type of things yields amazing results!
:)

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Michelle said...

I like your los!

Everyone does go through a rut. I always go through my inspiration journal that I have. Whenever I see somethign that I get an idea from I place it in the journal and then flip through it when i need ideas. The lifting is always helpful too. You'll get through it.

Most times I think it has to do with the photos you are scrapping. If you love a photo that will really help!

dori.aleman.medina said...

oh marie... i sure hope you're happy... you know that song right? LOL>.. hang in there... they are FAB!!!

Anonymous said...

I will take your "crap" anyday lady. You are so inspiring and your work really is phenomenal. I love coming and checking out your stuff cause it inspires me. sometimes when I scrap so much, I feel like nothing interesting is coming out. I just take a break and get back to it and usually that helps. but your work rocks.

TheresaK said...

I know exactly what you are going thru, I am feeling that way right now too. I keep trying to get over it, but I feel like my 3 year old can scrap better than me, at this point. If it means anything....I think your new layouts are fabulous. I really LOVE the best change one!!

Kristi said...

You'll get your mojo back! I think your layouts look great, but I do notice that your pictures are a different style than the ones you normally scrap. I wonder if you search for a photo that just speaks to you, if it'll help you out. Anyway I think your layouts are lovely!

Micayla said...

Damn woman, if this is crap well then I am doomed!!! We all go thought a 'crap' stage. I am there too at the mo, I wanna scrap but just cannot find the inspo. I hope it passes for both of us! Well for you in mind anyway, ya stuff is still kicking ass!!!
xx

mi@ said...

I just _love_ what I see!!

You'll get over it :-)

Vee said...

i love your layouts, crap my BUTT!! :)

Shannon said...

you're insane. that is all. but i totally know where you're comin from, we've all been there. ya know what? don't dwell on it, theres a million more pics out there to scrap. tuck the ones you aren't in love with away and get started on the next thing. maybe i should follow my own advice ;)

Lindsay said...

Marie, I hear where you're coming from. I've been going through the same thing lately. There's about 3 pages I've done that went straight into an album, I won't even post them. I HATE them! And I think if you aren't happy with something of your own, no matter what others think or how much they love it, it doesn't matter. At least that's how I feel. Maybe there's something in the air or something...I hope it goes away for you and you start feeling like you have your mojo back! :)

Anonymous said...

Marie - you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, your pages are so fabulous!!
I tried to email you some stuff about UTI's but it got kicked back to me. :(

Leslie