Tuesday, May 1, 2012

& Just Like Them Old Stars

More studio Calico lovely bits to share. I told you I was in love with that kit.
My two daughters (Raven and Aria) playing at the park. They have a huge water feature that they love. This was of course last summer. It is getting that time of year again.

This one is of my uncle and aunt way back when. They have been together a long time and she has put up with a lot. I admire her love for him.

On to non related scrap stuff. Just a few pics of some stuff in my life. Aeden (8 yr old) wrote a book for school about bullying. So cute! I love it soo!


A few bits of life from me. Pizza my hubby made me for our anniversary. Me making messes. Cookies baked by hubs. A dead lady bug I thought looked beautiful against the black asphalt (april photo a day)
Lastly I had a real craving for lemon bars. So I went on pinterest and found a recipe for these.

They were pretty good! Here is the recipe!

Perfect Lemon Bars
Crust
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup butter, room temperature

Filling
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained

Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
Make the crust. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Cut butter into chunks and add to flour mixture. Blend in with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture forms coarse, sandy crumbs. Pour into pan and press mixture down (with your fingers or the back of a spoon) into an even layer.
Bake for 16-19 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.

While crust is baking, make filling. Whisk together all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
When the crust comes out of the oven and is still hot, pour in filling mixture.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until filling is set and does not jiggle when the pan is gently shaken.
Cool completely before slicing.
Top slices with confectioners’ sugar to serve.

Makes about 24 bars.

NSD is fast approaching. What do you have planned?

♥♥♥


1 comment:

Ashley Newell said...

Beautiful layouts! I love that Aeden wrote a book, what a great kid!