Friday, August 19, 2011

Look how you want me now, I dont need you

I should have followed my instincts, went with my gut, listened to my heart. Wow. Today I feel a little betrayed. A little hurt. A lot upset. This industry truly is heartbreaking. Why do we need validation? I don't get why we put ourselves through this to have people judge us and our work. I do it. I get upset and then I tell myself it's time to put my big girl pants on. The wounds heal and I forget what a bitch this industry is. Then I do it all over again. Glutton for punishment? I guess so.

Should I have learned by now? I would say YES! Do I? NO! Annoying? Indeed. I only share with you because I know you all have felt (and still do) the same way. I am a real person with real feelings. I post what I want here, when I want, how I want. I will not apologize for me because we all know if you don't like me you don't have to be here.

I have spoke with so many of my friends and they all have the same stories. I am reminded of something a friend said this past weekend..."this industry chews you up and spits you out." I think that is true for this and life in general. Its just sad when it is something you truly love doing. Oh well c'est la vie!

♥♥♥




3 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. No matter how many times I get rejected, it never stops hurting. You would think I would be used to it by now but no. And I always say "I'm not going to do this again. I just won't try out again." But I always do. Sigh...

Unknown said...

I love you :)

I could say that's all but it ain't :)
I hope those big girl pants aren't given you a wedgey and that everything is ok. I think, as I have for a very long time, that the industry needs a good shake up, a huge spring clean and then a good dust around the edges!
Hang on to the things that are real and matter and ps I love you :)

sarah said...

it truly is a bitch. having a store has taught me that. ...but yeah, i put those panties on too.

c'est la vie.