Friday, October 21, 2011

GCD october tech


Halloween is fast approaching. I don't know about you but my children are constantly asking how many more days till the candy filled dress up day. To Make that fun and something I don't have to answer 4 times each day I came up with this Halloween countdown.

Now to make your own.
Supplies
Ink
Orange PP in 2 different patterns
Glue
Pop dots
Chalkboard paint
Paper Mache house
Twine
chalk
scissors




Paint your paper mache house with chalkboard paint. Follow directions on bottle. Let dry.

For the pumpkin you need 5 ovals. 2 in one pattern and 3 in another. My pumpkin uses 5 3 inch ovals. Ink all edges to make them pop.

Begin to build your pumpkin. Start from one side and glue the 2nd oval to the first. Add your 4th oval to the 2nd.

Glue your 5th oval to your 4th.

Last glue your 3rd and final piece to the middle.

The back will look like this. I cut out a freehand stem for my pumpkin and also glued it to the back.

Attach twine around the roof to hold your chalk and a jewel to the pumpkin to bring more attention to it.
I wanted to add just a little more and break up the house so I added a boarder I cut from RSVP.

All you need to do is give your kids the chalk and begin the countdown!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Art From The heart said...

Wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.