My first blog post is up for the Glitz Design Blog. I always enjoy creating with Glitz products. Love Uncharted. I really cant get enough of this line. Our theme was to play with the peek a boos.
The peekaboos are so versatile. I used my ampersands for part of my title and the frame as the focus of my layout. I also wanted to draw attention to my picture of the cupcakes so I used a little throw away frame that came with the film strip. I loved it and thought it made my photo pop. So don't throw those bits away they work great to draw attention to a photo or be made into a little embellishment.
I love creating for this company...I think I have said that a lot but I can't help it, it's true!
As a little added bonus here is the recipe for the cherry cupcakes I made in the pic above. I added peanuts and chopped cherries to the filling. I was going for a "big Cherry" candy cupcake.
BIG CHERRY CUPCAKES ( A compilation of a few different recipes.)
1½ cup flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar
8 tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
½ cup buttermilk
¾ cup Coca-Cola
¼ tsp maraschino cherry juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
Maraschino cherries, stemless
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg until incorporated.
4. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, Coke, maraschino cherry juice, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture on low speed, alternately with the liquid ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners.
6. Insert 1 maraschino cherry in the middle of each cupcake and cover with batter.
7. Bake for about 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cherry Frosting: (if piling this on real high like mine, you will probably want to double)
2 sticks salted butter, softened
10 oz jar maraschino cherries
4 cups powdered sugar
In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter and four tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice from the jar until smooth. Slowly add four cups of powdered sugar and beat on low until barely mixed.
Gradually increase mixer speed and beat on medium high about a minute. Add some coarsely chopped cherries (I used half the jar–you could use more or less to suit your taste). Beat on medium high for another minute or so until frosting is light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick, add more cherry juice and beat just a bit longer.
Generously frost your cupcakes and place in the refrigerator until well chilled (about an hour)
I added a chocolate ganache as a filling...
8 ounces good semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
Cook the chocolate chips, heavy cream, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
I leave out the coffee because I hate coffee lol!
Just a little instagram share with ya.
Took the kids to the school carnival and snapped this pic of the clown. I thought she looked really neat and I love how this pic came out. I couldn't even see my phone when I took it because it was so sunny out.
My super silly son. We were at the dollar tree. He makes me giggle.
Gorgeous layouts and the cupcakes sound delicious!!
GORGEOUS LO!! I'm loving the "peekaboos" as well, so great for layering and the cupcake recipe sounds very yummy!
I saw this page on Pinterest- stunning!!!!
Gorgeous, Marie! I love this!
Love this layout, Marie! I am such a sucker for cupcakes...I make them all the time!! Great job on your first Glitz assignment!
Post a Comment