Friday, November 23, 2007

A little late

But I thought it was cute!

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - The dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

I Tossing and turning with anticipation
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees....
Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

May your Thanksgiving be Blessed!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!

xoxox

2 comments:

Melissa Mann said...

Ok...how much do I LOVE the christmas blinkie!! I totally "stole" it..lol!!

Have a good weekend!

Michelle said...

Very sweet! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving too!